Tuesday, April 28, 2009

the chaos cumulates...

So here's the rundown:
- 2 days: I finish blocking two shows with 40 kids
- 3 days: first run through with middle schoolers who are at a very awkward age, are clumsy, feel embarrassed to "act" in any way and therefore will end up crying, sure that parents are going to want their money back
- 4 days: first run through with my 5&6 year olds in which I will be either assured that kids are wonderful or that I never want any of my own
- 5 days: weekend from hell in which I will endure 20 hours of rehearsal in 3 days... for 3 different shows
- 7 - 10 days: tech week: need I say any more?
- 11 days: move entire studio to remote theater venue, lose 4-11 props on the way there, commence in flipping out at people on whom my anxiety and frustration transfers in the form of screaming and crying
- 12 days: dress rehearsal (more crying), first show (hopefully less crying)
- 13 days: last show
- 14 days: leave at dawn for China.

No comments: